Get a complete and accurate assessment of your micronutrient levels.
Type | Blood Draw Location | Zen Den Medical Lab
A holistic view of your body’s nutrient status guides your treatment plan, helping to differentiate between dietary, genetic, and other factors that influence or impair nutrient metabolism and absorption. Assessing the absorption of nutrients at both the gastrointestinal barrier and cellular membrane by measuring intra- and extra-cellular levels is the only way to objectively determine root causes of malnutrition and inflammation.
What are Micronutrients?
Micronutrients play an important role in energy production, hemoglobin synthesis, bone health, immune function, and minimizing the body’s oxidative stress and cellular damage.
Micronutrients include vitamins, minerals, co-factors, amino acids, metabolites, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids. These nutrients are found in small amounts in foods and are essential for human health.
Who can benefit from Micronutrient Testing?
- Advanced age
- Depression or anxiety
- Cardiovascular disease
- Skin problems
- Numbness or tingling in extremities
- Weakened Immune System
- Digestive Disorders with malabsorption (Celiac, Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis
- SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth
- Long-term use of prescription medications
- A diet high in processed foods
- Intense athletic training
- Following a vegan or vegetarian diet
- Neurological symptoms (impaired memory, confusion, ataxia, loss of balance, tremors)
- Stubborn weight gain
- Sudden unexplained weight loss
- Autoimmune disorders
- Digestive abnormalities: diarrhea, constipation, excessive bloating