COVID-19 Self-Testing | Nasal Swab
This test is used to identify and detect the presence of COVID-19
PCR, DNA tests are used to directly detect the presence of an antigen, rather than the presence of the body’s immune response, or antibodies. By detecting viral RNA, which will be present in the body before antibodies form or symptoms of the disease are present, the tests can tell whether or not someone has the virus very early on.
This COVID-19 nasal swab test is performed using the preferred method from the CDC, which is Real-Time PCR. This test is used to identify and detect the presence of COVID-19.
Here’s how it works:
- Your COVID-19 Self Collection Kit is shipped out directly to your front door.
- You receive your COVID-19 Self-Collection Kit containing: Instructions, Sterile Swab, Sterile UTM, Gloves, Requisition form, specimen bag and UPS shipping bag w/ next day air label.
- Self-collect using the sterile swab – Using the sterile swab included in your kit, follow the instructions exactly as described:
- Tilt your head back 70 degrees.
- While gently rotating the swab, insert swab less than one inch into nostril (until resistance is met at turbinates).
- Rotate the swab several times against nasal wall and repeat in other nostril using the same swab.
- Place swab into sterile tube when complete.
- Ship your kit back via UPS – Place your kit into the labeled UPS bag and drop it off to the nearest UPS store or drop box location.
- Your kit arrives at the testing lab by 9am the next morning
- Receive your results in 24 hours